Monday, January 19, 2009

9 Years of Wedded Bliss


On January 15th, Scott and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary together. As we look back on the time it seems like it was only yesterday that we were planning the wedding, moving to Chicago, and settling in as newlyweds. My how time flies!!

I know everyone tells you when you are first married, that you marry the one you love, and don’t expect to change them. But I truly believe that marriage changes people. Granted, little things such as our music taste, or food choices have changed, but so have our world views, religious views, and most importantly…our views of raising a family.

I’m so blessed that Scott has been patient with me all these years. He has stuck with me through my goofy, clumsy, bad joke telling, so happy I could cry, so sad I could cry, accident-prone, ditsy blonde, moody brunette, weight gain, weight loss, child bearing years! He is patient and kind and always looks after me.

He is a great father to Jacob. He loves to play with him, and teach him new things. He knows just the right level of rough-housing, and tickle-monster, and has the kindest touch when Jake cries. We are both still learning the ropes of parenting, but Scott has a huge jump on “Father of the Year”.

To celebrate our anniversary, Scott and I, along with Chris and Heather, went out for the night. We had a terrific dinner at Benihana’s and then went to the comedy club. It was a great night, and really lends us to look forward to the next many more to come.

Pic taken at Benihana’s…

No comments: