Let me just start by saying this…My parents are awesome grandparents! Jake absolutely loves and adores them both. They are always doing fun and exciting things with him. This blog is about no exception.

Last Sunday, my mom called me up and told me that she and dad wanted to take Jake and his cousins on Wednesday for a trip to Holiday World. I told her it was fine, but then I got jealous! I remember going to Santa Claus Land when I was about 4 years old or so, and I haven’t been back since. I asked if I could go also! So, Wednesday morning, me and Jake met my mom and dad, my niece and nephew and my sister and we all loaded up in my van for a road trip! It was a very LONG trip to get there, but mom had so many snacks and drinks to enjoy it made it much better.

When we got to the park, it had just finished raining so the temps were down a bit and so were the lines. All the kids enjoyed riding the rides over and over…and over! Little to no lines meant they were able to go as many times as they wanted. Jake loved the carousel while William and Casey really enjoyed the water raft ride. (I think they rode it 3 or 4 times!) They even got me and Angie and Dad to ride it and get SOAKED!! Why not…after all, the skies decided to open up and pour anyway!
Since it was raining (hard) we figured we might as well go to the water park and get our

bathing suits on. We would just embrace the wetness!! But, once we all got dressed in our swim suits the rain stopped! Oh well, we all enjoyed the water park immensely! Since I think all the kids were a fish in a former life, it was hard to pull them out. We got dressed in our semi-dry clothes and headed to the park to find more rides.
We found a kiddie area that all the kids could do – without a parent! They had the water-bumper boats, another carousel,

airplanes, seahorses, a rocket ship and the “up-and-down-thingy” that the two older ones loved! We had to drag the kids from the park in order for us to get back to the car, get dinner, and get home…at 1:30 am!
It was such a fun day, and I think it’s just really cool that my parents would want to take a day from their busy schedules, on a work day, to play with the grandkids. Very awesome day!
No comments:
Post a Comment