Yes people, it has taken me 29 years, but I have finally learned that there is more to life than the ice cream store. A few weeks ago, while planning our family vacation, it became apparent to me that my excitement and anticipation to visit my favorite ice cream store in Tennessee was much more than revisiting a nostalgic memory, but rather an unrestrained yearning for food. Pretty embarrassing, huh?! At my heaviest weight ever, I am finally taking steps to alter my thinking, behavior and emotions towards food. This is big for me. Like most, food has been an outlet for my emotions rather happy or sad.
In an effort to get healthy, I am working with a surgeon, psychologist, dietician and my insurance company to prepare to have the Lap-Band surgery. I struggled with deciding to tell people, or to keep this a secret, but in the end I’ve decided that those that love me will support my decision to get healthy…and for this, I have nothing to be embarrassed about. Mostly, I want to be around to see Jake grow up, to be a loving wife to Scott, and to be able to enjoy life to its fullest.
So, I have one final appointment with the psychologist to get the “all-clear”. After that, they will send my paperwork into the insurance company for the all hopeful approval process. Wish me luck…
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment