Four weeks after surgery and I’ve lost 30 pounds. I’ve made it through 2 weeks of liquids, 2 weeks of purees…and I can finally eat “normal” food. I still need to make good, healthy choices, and I still can only eat a small portion of food, but I’m excited.
Jacob is doing very well. He has been enjoying the summer and coming home from day care dirty and tired. (I guess its hard being cute and playing all day!!) He knows about a dozen sign language words, and is using them regularly. It sure does make communicating with him much easier!
Jake and I recently took a weekend road trip to Chicago. He was such a good boy! The drive up, staying with a dear friend, visiting my friends, and then the drive back, all made for a long weekend, but he was so very good. It was a great time!
Upon returning home from Chicago, Jake and I were greeted with 2 new mouths to feed at our home. As you all know, Scott has 12 chickens that he is raising…but now, Scott has 2 pigs!!! Yes, you read it correctly…PIGS! Their names: Pork Chop and Bacon! My computer geek husband is crossing over to the farmer lifestyle!
Actually, I have to admit, he has taken great care of all the animals, making them nice-clean pens, keeping them fed/watered, etc. I guess I don’t have to mention that with the new pigs…we will be bringing the Christmas ham for dinner!!! Oink, Oink!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment