Okay, so I haven’t been doing very well at keeping this blog updated…you got me on that one. Ever feel like you life is boring and that by writing it down, it just solidifies it? Well, that’s where I’m at. I don’t mean to be distant, I’m just not sure what to say sometimes (those of you laughing, can stop now!).
Anyhow, here is an update for all those who have been harassing me, and for those of you who though it, but never said it…
Starting with the man of the house, Scott, has had a really hard time lately with this horrible allergy season. He has always suffered, but I guess he got fed up with not being able to breathe and actually went to see an Allergist. Now, with the proper drugs, he is on his way to breathing clearly. (He’s in a much better mood now too!)
Pork chop and Bacon are getting fatter (and more tasty looking) by the day! Have you seen one of those old “country” movies where the pig gets loose and people are running around crazy trying to catch them…well…guess what Scott and I did this past weekend??? Yep, you guessed it! Sunday afternoon, in the rain, we could be seen running around the field trying to catch the pigs! (Yes, it was quite a sight!) The darling piggy’s learned how to get their snouts under the door, and lift the door off the hinge. The door would fall off/open, and there they went! I could hear the hillbilly music playing as Scott cornered them one way, I cornered them another, and yet they could slither by us both!!!
My life, on the other hand, has been rather dull. With corn harvest starting the first week of Sept. I have been very busy at work. (Yes, I actually have to do some work during these 6-8 weeks!) I’ve hired about 100 people, and I’m hiring more each week…not to mention trying to keep them all happy. So, needless to say, by the time I get home each night, I’m beat!!!
I have lost 36 pounds in the 6 weeks since surgery! Yahoo! My goal before surgery was to loose 50 by Thanksgiving, but now I’ve changed goals to loose it by Halloween. I am still lacking motivation to exercise regularly, especially since I’m tired when I get home, but it’s a work in progress. One day at a time!
Jake on the other hand, seems to be growing so rapidly, it makes my head spin. Every day he impresses us with something new! He has a whole list of words he knows how to use in sign language (which greatly helps during church!), and his speech skills are being fine tuned every day. I’m so impressed with how good he usually is too. Although lately, he has learned how to pout (which is the cutest thing ever), and even how to throw a fit. He is quickly learning that neither of these actions help his cause (remember, he has a pretty stubborn mother), but it is interesting to see how quickly kids pick up on this stuff!
We are still deciding on a Halloween costume for Jake this year. Not too sure what he’s gonna be. I think it’s gonna be pretty hard to top last year! The family is preparing for Scott’s travel schedule to pick up. He is actually in Boston this week, Florida the first week of October, and I’m going to Chicago (girls weekend!) in November.
We hope all of you have a great Autumn season. We will catch up with you soon…
P.S. We are looking for a great “family-friendly” place to take Jake this fall season . I have fond memories of the “Pumpkin Patch” which was in Noblesville. Now that it’s gone, I’d love any suggestions you may have.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First of all, yeah for updating! Congrats on the weight loss as well! And truly, I will enjoy this picture in my head of you two running in a field trying to catch pigs...ahh...I shall savor it... :)
As for a pumpkin patch, we go to Stony Creek Farm (www.stonycreekfarm.net) for hayrides, mums, and the pumpkin patch. Jack LOVES it and we get the coolest pictures there. It's cheap too which is always fun. We even took Livie last year (at 11 days old), though she didn't go on the hayride... ;)
Also, there is an apple orchard in Pendleton that's fun, but I can't remeber the name of it.
And we need to get together...work be damned!
Post a Comment