Besides being terribly busy, this week has been a doosey in the Wells home! Let me catch you up on the excitement. I'll begin this little story with the phrase that Scott loves to remind me of..."Kelly isn't an accident waiting to happen, but rather she is an accident in progress!"
Last weekend, was a normal Saturday morning. I awoke early and made the family some (scrumptious) homemade blueberry pancakes – I had one little pancake myself. Scott and I then took Jake to his swim lessons – we had a great time! As soon as we got home, Jake went down for a nap…Scott was working…so I decided to go down to our local fire station to give blood. Now, I have given blood a few times a year ever since I turned 18 and I have never had any trouble. That was before my surgery though!
After giving blood, I came home and (to be a nice wife) decided to mow the lawn. I finished mowing just as Jake was starting to get up from his nap. I told Scott I would take a quick shower and then I’d make lunch for everyone. Once in the shower is where the drama started. A few minutes into it, I started to feel very sick and dizzy. I turned the water off and yelled for Scott’s help. He came in, just in time to see me go unconscious and collapse. After not being able to respond to him, he called for the ambulance.
I was unconscious for the majority of 45 minutes until an ambulance arrived. My hear rate had dropped to 40 bpm, and my blood pressure was a mere 80/60. I was in pretty bad shape. The ambulance took me to Henry County Hospital Emergency Department, where they took lots of tests, x-rayed my ankle (when I fell, I landed pretty hard in an awkward position on my right ankle), and pushed 3 bags of fluids into me.
I was released later that evening with a cast on my ankle, crutches, and strict orders not to give blood without eating before and after! (Scott would prefer me to not give blood at all anymore, so this may be the case.)
Now a week later, I feel a lot better. I think God gave me a wake up call to pay attention to myself more. It’s nice, with this surgery, which I don’t feel hungry very often, but I’ve learned that this doesn’t mean I skip eating all together. – By the way, thanks for the well-wishes from those of you who already knew what happened.
Jacob has had a tough week as well. He is now officially 18 months old, but we suspect that he may be experimenting with the “terrible two’s” a little early. He certainly has a mind of his own…and like us; he likes to get his way! He has started trying to throw fits when he doesn’t get his way. This is really too bad too…he has a pretty stubborn set of parents that don’t give much…so, so far, the fits haven’t gotten him anywhere. I just hope Scott and I can stick to our guns when he throws a tantrum in public!!! --Time will tell!
Scott is doing really well. He has seen an allergist and for the most part, has his allergies under control. He is also gearing up for a busy fall travel season as well. He has 4 trips planned for October-November as of right now, with a possibility of more coming up.
We can’t wait for trick-or-treating this year. I think we’ve got Jake’s costume figured out, and now that he understands the concept of it, I’m sure he’ll love it.
Happy Fall Y’all!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment