I will begin this blog by stating: My son is as graceful as his mother!
I got a call at work the other day from Sunshine, Jake’s day care provider. She said that Jake had had an accident and that he was okay but may need to go to the doctor. I immediately left work and went to get him.
Apparently he had been running and decided not to stop. He hit the edge of a “cubbie” (cubicle they put their stuff in) with his head. The impact cut his right eyebrow open and was bleeding quite a bit. By the time I arrived, he was sitting quietly on the couch. Once he saw me, he jumped up and ran to me. Not necessarily excited to see me, but rather to show off his fancy SpongeBob band-aid.
Since the wound continued to bleed, I went ahead and took him to the ER. The staff was so great with him. The doc decided that since it was on his face, he would just glue it shut rather than do stitches. Jake was a trooper! He squirmed a little bit while they were cleaning the wound out, but never flinched after that.


I have a strange feeling that this was the first of many visits we will be making to the ER for Jake. Good thing ‘Chicks Dig Scars’!!!
I got a call at work the other day from Sunshine, Jake’s day care provider. She said that Jake had had an accident and that he was okay but may need to go to the doctor. I immediately left work and went to get him.
Apparently he had been running and decided not to stop. He hit the edge of a “cubbie” (cubicle they put their stuff in) with his head. The impact cut his right eyebrow open and was bleeding quite a bit. By the time I arrived, he was sitting quietly on the couch. Once he saw me, he jumped up and ran to me. Not necessarily excited to see me, but rather to show off his fancy SpongeBob band-aid.
Since the wound continued to bleed, I went ahead and took him to the ER. The staff was so great with him. The doc decided that since it was on his face, he would just glue it shut rather than do stitches. Jake was a trooper! He squirmed a little bit while they were cleaning the wound out, but never flinched after that.


I have a strange feeling that this was the first of many visits we will be making to the ER for Jake. Good thing ‘Chicks Dig Scars’!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment