Mother’s day is probably my most favorite holiday now! Having such a special person call me “mom” is a feeling that never gets old. Maybe I’m selfish to love this day, but a bond between a mother and her child is such a marvelous experience that to celebrate it makes me completely happy.
This year, my sister and I planned a big party for the entire family. She hosted the party, and I brought the food. My brother-in-law grilled pork chops on the grill (from the pigs that were in our back yard!) and there was so much to feast on! After lunch, I had prepared a craft for the kids to make for each mother. We went outside and painted clay pots, and then planted a special flower in each.
It was such a great day. I’m so blessed to have a wonderful mother, and I only hope that I can be as good of a mother to Jake as she is to me.
This year, my sister and I planned a big party for the entire family. She hosted the party, and I brought the food. My brother-in-law grilled pork chops on the grill (from the pigs that were in our back yard!) and there was so much to feast on! After lunch, I had prepared a craft for the kids to make for each mother. We went outside and painted clay pots, and then planted a special flower in each.
It was such a great day. I’m so blessed to have a wonderful mother, and I only hope that I can be as good of a mother to Jake as she is to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment