I just realized this morning how bad of a blogger that I am. Without posting anything for almost 4 months, you’d think that I’ve fallen off the face of the earth. Well, no worries…I haven’t. In fact, after reading some of my favorite blogs, I have decided to make a “Mid-year” resolution to be a better blogger. (So…those of you who see it fit to harass me about blogging more…give a girl a break! I’m working on it!! : )
Since my last blog in April, a few things have happened at the Wells home front. Here’s your recap:
Sesame Street Live!
As a gift for Jake’s second birthday, he and I went out on a “date”. My father used to do this with me when I was young, and it’s a tradition I loved and looked forward to each year. He would always take me on a “date” to whatever restaurant I choose. I was the center of his attention and I always felt so very special.
Since my last blog in April, a few things have happened at the Wells home front. Here’s your recap:
Sesame Street Live!
As a gift for Jake’s second birthday, he and I went out on a “date”. My father used to do this with me when I was young, and it’s a tradition I loved and looked forward to each year. He would always take me on a “date” to whatever restaurant I choose. I was the center of his attention and I always felt so very special.
T
o continue this tradition in my family, I took Jake to Cracker Barrel for dinner and then to see Sesame Street Live at the Murat Theater. When we arrived at the theater, the characters were already on stage, and Jake made it about 10 steps into the theater and decided they were way too scary! He immediately crawled up my leg and wanted held. We got to our seats, and for the first 10 minutes of the show he kept his head buried into my shoulder!
After hearing the clapping and laughing from the audience, Jake slowly lightened up enough to turn around and see what was going on. From there, he wouldn
’t take his eyes off the stage! He clapped, wiggled, and sang along with all the characters. He had a great time and just being able to see his smile and eyes light up with excitement was enough to make my year!
All this time, I always thought my dad did a birthday date for me…but
now, as a parent, I know that those special times are priceless and it was just as special for him as it was me.
After hearing the clapping and laughing from the audience, Jake slowly lightened up enough to turn around and see what was going on. From there, he wouldn
All this time, I always thought my dad did a birthday date for me…but
No comments:
Post a Comment